Saturday 29 February 2020

Mona The Vampire - Not Fan Art?

Show us your fangs! Wait, this isn't the Mona the Vampire that we grew up watching on the TV? No, it's Mona Mohawke!


Inspired by the title card used at the beginning of every episode for 'Batman : The Animated Series', I created a silhouette of Mona in a vampire costume. I thought it would look a bit bland to have the silhouette be black so I took 'wine red' as Ohuhu labels it since it was the darkest shade of red/pink that I own. The lighter pink is part of the Spectrum Noir pastel collection and I think it compliments the wine red very well.

The idea to create this definitely came from talking about Mona the Vampire though, it was just a casual conversation and then it struck me that I have a character called Mona, why not dress her up like a vampire?

No comments:

Post a Comment