Saturday 8 February 2020

Bobros [Bob Ross Becomes Superhero!]

For this post I have snapped out of my Droey's Draws style and come for a more realistic look. Make no mistake, it's Bob Ross, but not as we know him!


So it's been in my head for a while to take Bob Ross the painter and merge him with Thanos the Titan by arming Bob with the Infinity Palette and also a mighty paint brush only he is worthy to wield. I took a picture of Captain America for reference, adding the palette in place of the shield and the paint brush in place of Mjolnir.

I used my water colour pencils, but in a way I had only used them once before. This was by dabbing a wet paint brush against the pencil itself then brushing the paper. I didn't do it so well this time, you can see a streaky coating on the background and trousers. Additionally the colours seem to look quite muddy; it've still got lots to learn about watercolour painting!

I hope you are entertained by Bobros, have you got an arty supply you need to improve with? Play around and get some practice, one day we'll jump our artistic hurdles!

No comments:

Post a Comment