Saturday 23 May 2020

3 Colour Challenge based Character Design

When you're not sure what to draw, try an art challenge! I decided to return to the 3 colour challenge and this is what happened.


My colours were raspberry, a very pale cream and blue. Nothing was coming to mind initially so I looked up colour meanings which gave me some key words to work with and allowed me to resort to creating this french looking gentleman. Its funny how he's come out looking like the Pringle man!

Some of the areas of this character design relied on multiple colours. This was to prevent anything from blending with the other elements, though I only used this to it's full effect on the face to give the man a dark purple hair colour, which helps draw attention to the character's face. The rest of the colour mixing was used to add shading to various elements.

What art challenges should I try next? Feel free to comment some suggestions or contact me through any of my social media, I'm interested to hear your suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment