Saturday 17 March 2018

Imaginary Friends - Mr Tibbles

In December we were blessed with a wonderful animation called 'Imaginary Friends', starring Tomska, Jaiden Animations, LetmeexplainStudios and TheOdd1sOut. I adored this short, it's plot twist was incredibly numerous and character designs were excellent. So excellent that I had to make some art based on the short.

Warning, spoilers ahead in my writing! If you don't want any surprises spoilt, please go and find the animated short on YouTube before you read this!


My focus was on Mr. Tibbles, the floating cat boy. I don't know if it was down to the originality of this character or the fact he was voiced by Jaiden Animations, but I was hooked on this guy. I also like crazy characters a little bit and with a dangerous imaginary friend helping him make bombs, it seems that Mr, Tibbles fits the bill.

I made use of my pastel and skin tone markers for this piece, as well as some pencil for the circle in the background and for Mr. Tibbles. I made sure that Mr. Tibbles stood out from the rest of the piece by having him illustrated from multiple media and having some shading, as well as a bolder outline. I think it works but maybe this piece is a little crowded. Lastly I got to use my white pen and such such a joy creating highlights with ease hopefully I didn't go overboard!

Again, if you haven't watched this video, I sr iously recomend that you do, you are bound to have a laugh about it! Just don't sing the bomb song!

No comments:

Post a Comment