Monday 12 June 2017

The Alphabet Challenge | L

L is for Lord Fear and Lady Illusion



This fortnight sees my return to the wonderful underrated franchise that is Ace Lightning, with two of my favourite villains of all time. Lord Fear, crippled skeleton from the sixth dimension and his former partner in crime, Lady Illusion. Granted 'Staff Head' does not begin with L but he is essential to Lord Fear so he gets some spotlight too.

It took me five days actually to complete this and is also the return of my coloured pencils! The first couple of days saw me using a mechanical pencil to create the lines which would the next day be inked over. Now this would have been a quicker and easier process if I had access to my Ace Lightning yearbook, which had the clearest and host helpful images I could find. But luckily Google served me well, even when matching my colours which over two days allowed me to finish a coloured masterpiece.

I have in years of past attempted to draw Lord Fear before but this is his best turn out and most likley the best I'll have of him. As for Staff Head and Lady Illusion, this is my first time drawing either of them and they turned out just as well.

Have you seen the letter K? If not you can check it out via my page for the 'Alphabet Challenge' as well as previous entries. Look out for M coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment