Friday 19 May 2017

Miraculous Ladybug Redesign?

By now, I'm sure quite a few people are aware of the 'Miraculous Ladybug', a recent cartoon that has gained a lot of approval. I myself have watched a number of episodes having heard about the series and would consider myself a fan. A few days back I had it in my mind to create my own design for the costume because as much as I like the official design, I wouldn't mind seeing a design that doesn't belong in the silver age.


So just about nothing is changed about the headpiece, with the exception of giving Marinette red lipstick to allow the use of fewer colours in her design. And there wasn't much changed in her spandex onesie, I kept the spots on her limbs but added a section of black spandex in the middle of her torso with a ladybird logo on that chest. I was thinking of giving her a utility belt which the yo-yo would sit on but at the time of drawing this I had no way of collecting any references so that was made impossible.

Admittedly this design is not as original as I'd like it to be. While I didn't have any references present, there was a redesign I had seen in the past that influenced a lot of what was done here. I did want to give Marinette some ladybug like wings on her back but it spoiled her silhouette. Perhaps until I come up with my own and a better bronze age design I'll stick to her trademark spandex polka dot onesie.

No comments:

Post a Comment